Light Breakfast Morning tea, Lunch & Afternoon tea provided
What is a datathon?
The datathon is a forum where you will be part of a team and explore large critical care datasets to answer a clinical question. Our goal is to host a fun, creative and innovative event that brings together experts and novices, to learn more about data and discover new knowledge.
This event is open to:
- Clinicians interested in data,
- Trainees in intensive care, emergency, anaesthesia and other acute medical & surgical specialities
- Data scientists and Biostatisticians
- Policy makers and Patients
Questions addressed at the inaugural event included:
- Mortality prediction in ICU following Cardiac Arrest
- Outcomes in the over 80’s admitted to ICU
- Prediction of Maternal Mortality in ICU
- The systemic inflammatory response in indigenous patients having cardiac surgery
- Relationship between an insulin bolus and hypoglycaemia in ICU
- Does haemoglobin concentration effect the association between PaO2 and outcome in ventilated patients?
- Does gender influence outcome of sepsis?
- Cancer admissions to ICU
Ten teams went on to present their work at The ANZICS Annual Scientific Meeting, with publications due soon.
All participants will be required to complete a ‘Non-disclosure Agreement’ and comply with ANZICS and MIMIC data access and publication policies.